With the introduction of AI, the world has witnessed revolutionary changes in almost every field ranging from the farming sector to health care. The medical technology is advancing every day and it is experimenting with new and advanced technologies for the betterment of human health. AI is a comparatively new tool that was introduced in the medical field for improving the efficiency of medical processes. But this technology has already brought dramatic changes in the health sector and is promised to bring rapid progress in the future too.
The Changes Brought by AI in the Medical Sector
- Reduction in mortality rate: AI made analysis, control and coordination of data easy and fast. With the help of AI, it became possible to prioritize the patients who need urgent care, thereby reducing the mortality rate. AI can also recommend personalized treatments for each patient based on their medical records. AI can integrate all the data regarding a patient including their medical history, present health condition, etc. to find out the accurate and effective treatment for them.
- Fast and accurate diagnosis: AI needs only a few minutes to diagnose the disease accurately. It helps to avoid the delay in finding out the medical condition of a patient, where it might take several days for doctors to diagnose the disease by cross-referencing the previous records or by cross-examining different test results.
- Reduced errors: A lot of errors can happen in the medical field because of human fatigue, distraction or mood swings. These errors can cost a lot from money to a patient’s life. However, AI reduced the risk of occurrence of errors resulted from fatigue and other such problems. It has the capability to process a vast amount of information at high speed with a great level of accuracy.
- Reduction in medical costs: Even though AI is costly to implement, it can perform highly complex activities once it is established. Hence, it can reduce the manual labor thereby decreasing the medical costs. AI can also spot the changing trends in the population to invent new treatments, medicines, vaccines, etc. which is a time-consuming and costly process otherwise.
- Advancements in surgery: AI-based medical technology made surgeries more efficient and effective. It is now possible to conduct surgeries which are minimally invasive with the help of AI that resulted in less blood loss, trauma and scarring for patients. The level of accuracy and precision also increased which is far better than the level that can be achieved manually.